Limited User Access
Despite being an internal project, I wasn't able to get time to test with users.
I did receive feedback through heads of departments. And I reviewed examples of tools and artifacts, with sensitive data removed.
As there wasn’t a dedicated product manager focused on requirements. I considered it part of my role to anticipate requirements gaps and come up with effective solutions.
I worked closely with the dev and QA teams when there were new updates or any questions.
Scope and Structure
This was the kind of project that had a bit of a loose structure and grew over time.
I tried to overcome the lack of structure by working closely with the dev and QA teams, as well as the stakeholders I had access to — mostly resource managers.
Limited Time, Many Requirements
Given the time, there were few opportunities to iterate. I made design choices based on best practices in UX and design.
There was so much functionality, we made a choice to push some features into a Phase 2 release, which I highlighted in the wireframes.